PTFE (Polytetrafluoroethylene) is generally known to the public by the brand name Teflon® (DuPont™) and is quite commonly referred to as plumber’s tape. PTFE is compatible with a wide range of materials due to a low coefficient of friction and is very non-reactive.
PTFE Thread Seal Tape is widely used for general water plumbing applications because of its consistent quality.
- Place the end of the seal tape on the pipe thread 1/8” (3mm) from the end of the pipe and hold down with your finger.
- Wrap the tape around in the opposite direction the threads will turn, stretching slightly to pull the tape into the threads.
- Keep slight tension on the tape as you continue to wrap (about 4-6 times), moving down the threads.
- Then pull on the tape to break it and smooth the end down onto the threads.
- You are now ready to install your item.
- Chemically inert and withstands solvents.
- Provides tight assembly and easy disassembly.
- Flame resistant.
- No curing time required.