This duct kit allows you intake and exhaust air to your AO Smith Hybrid Heat Pump Water Heater with two pieces. The adaptor pieces can be used to redirect air to permit installation in confined spaces for improved performance and efficiency or to maintain comfort in occupied areas of the home.
- Engineered solution – ensures optimal performance
- Allows confined space installation in areas as small as 8’ x 4’ x 4 (128 cubic feet)
- Redirect outlet air to alternate location for confined space installations or greater comfort
- Draw inlet air from alternate location for confined space installations
- Single kit contains both inlet and outlet adapters
- This standard HPWH set up is good for ducting up to 50’ total (inlet and outlet combined)
- For Ducting lengths greater than 50’ a duct booster fan kit must be installed.
- Elbows will reduce allowable duct length.
- Uses standard 8 inch flexible duct (field supplied) to redirect inlet and/or outlet air
- With optional duct booster fan, the maximum length of duct increases to 25 feet total length inlet and/or outlet
- Backwards compatible with all HPTU, FHPT, and SHPT heat pump models.