It has come to our attention that AirGenerate is no longer providing a manufacturer's warranty on this item. This unfortunate situation gives you the opportunity to purchase a top-of-the-line heat pump water heater at a price that is below our cost! Plus, we at GP Conservation will stand behind the product with our own one-year warranty on the ATI66 and will provide a replacement or refund in the event of product failure. Feel free to call for further details - 503-907-2899.
The ENERGY STAR® qualified AirGenerate AirTap™ Hybrid water heaters use heat pump technology to transfer heat instead of generating it like standard electric water heaters. They are the most advanced heat pump water heaters sold to date in the United States of America and can save up to 60% of the energy used in conventional electrical water heating.
Heat pump water heater technology extracts free heat from the ambient air surrounding the water heater, than transfers it to the water. A fan is used to move warm ambient air to an evaporator that is in the upper portion of the water heater. The heat is then transferred to refrigerant that is circulated via copper pipes to heat the heat exchanger sitting inside the water heater tank. The heat exchanger passes the heat off to the water tank which allows the temperature of the water to rise over time. When the desired water temperature is reached the heat pump shuts off.
The Airgenerate™ ATI-66 is a 66 gallon heat pump water heater that meets the Pacific Northwest's Tier II climate specifications. The features that set this heat pump water heater apart are:
- Stainless steel tank construction
- 3/4" water inlet, outlet, and condensate line for effortless installation.
- Backup heating element to support heat pump when needed.
- Auto defrost to keep heat pump operational in cold climates.
- A sacrificial anode rod for added tank protection.
- Auto overheat detection to prevent tank damage.
- Built in T&P valve.
- Environment friendly use of refrigerant R410A.
- High recover rate (also referred to as first hour rating).
- The water heater shell and tank are made out of stainless steel 304 for maximum durability and life expectancy in residential homes.
- Brass drain valve.
- User friendly touch pad controls to adjust 3 different operating modes and the water temperature:
- Economy mode (heat pump used to heat water)
- Heater mode (uses heat pump and electric elements jointly at all times)
- Auto mode (hybrid using heat pump and electric elements when needed)
Airgenerate AirTap™ Hybrid heat pump water heaters can save up to 60% of the energy used in conventional electrical water heating. Heat pump technologies have been used in refrigerators, as well as in space heating and cooling equipment for close to a century. Depending on your existing water heating equipment, water use, and electrical rates, it can save you up to $350 annually.
Tank Size: 66 gallons
Energy Factor (in hybrid mode): 2.25 EF
Heat Pump BTU Rating: 7,720 BTUs
First Hour Rating (hybrid Mode): 75 gallons
Electric Element: 4kW
Backup Electric Element: 4kW
Tank Capsule: Stainless Steel 304
Diameter: 25.5 inces
Height: 70.5 inches
Weight: 243 lbs
Duct Diameter (top of unit): 6 inches
Sound rating: 48db
Variable Speed Fan: Yes
|Tank Size (gal)||66|
|First Hour Rating (gal)||70 - 79|